Thursday, August 09, 2007

7 years!?!?

It really doesn't feel that long. I remember our wedding like it was last week. Our friends and family made the long trip to Caldwell, ID to see us tie the knot. Even some of my friends from High School that I had not seen I quite a while showed up to celebrate with us. We felt very blessed and loved.

It was a hot August in 2000... not like the one we are having now. I remember that the air conditioner in my cousin's hotel room built up so much condensation that it froze over. And the rooms at the Sundowner Hotel were sweet!

The only thing I don't really remember about the day was the reception time. It felt like a whirlwind. Aimee and I didn't even have time to eat. In fact, the only wedding cake either of us got was the little bit that we managed to shove in each other's mouths when the cake was cut and toasts were given.

It has been a wonderful seven years and time has really flown by. I am so blessed to have found Aimee Jo and even more blessed that she said "yes" on that cold New Years Eve out on the farm. With our precious little one on the way, I can hardly wait for our next seven years.

Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful wife!

4 comments:

emilykaypeters said...

Happy Anniversary you two.. we will have to hang out again soon.

Aimee Jo said...

Awww...I love you too!
And I think we should go to the Sundowner Hotel sometime as an anniversary present to ourselves. Oh, wait, wasn't that hotel torn down because it was so old and yucky? :)

Aimee Jo said...

Hey babe-you have been tagged...see my blog for details

preacherman said...

Happy anniversary.
I want you to know that I am glad that I came across your blog. I really enjoyed reading it and have been blessed by it. May God bless you and your family in the years ahead.